It's not easy bringing up a princess-let alone THREE of them! Bekah (born Sept 2004), Maddy (born July 2006), and Isabelle (born Dec 2007), make for a lot of life lessons. Follow me as I teach them, learn from them, and watch them bloom! There are some things we're learning together, but other things, let's just say I'm a bit of a know it all, or so I wish!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chasing Lions at Midnight

Why can't I sleep?! Oh well, I have some shows on my DVR to catch up on, so I proceed to try to tire myself that way. I turn the TV off at a semi-reasonable time (after being assured that Olivia and Hannah will be in the final 4 together) and try to get some shut-eye. After about a half hour of tossing and turning, I realize why I cannot sleep. I'm chasing a lion! I've been reading a book by Mark Batterson, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. Click here if you want to see the book And darn it if I finally figured out what my lion is, the thing that I've been cautious to pursue! But the chase is on. Once I realize that my lion is fighting back, I'm anxious to get to work in defeating it! I've been (very passively) working with my pastor to set up a counseling practice in our church, allowing me to pursue my counseling passions while still being home with my girls. For some reason, today, I realized there is a lot of work to get done to even be able to get to that point. There are tough questions I don't know the answers to, there are circumstances I'm sure I don't understand, there are risks, and I'm determined to get this lion wrangled. I'm choosing to write about this now, so that I can look back in a year and see what the Lord has done!

By the way, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day is a life-changing profound (but simple) book that I HIGHLY recommend to anyone wanting to strengthen their spiritual walk. I'm going to have to start reviewing all the books I've been reading (like the girls don't give me enough ammo!)

On another note, it wasn't until an hour after story time on the floor of the public library began, that I realized that Isabelle was not wearing underwear under her frilly Hello Kitty skirt. Geez, how many people noticed it before me?!

1 comment:

  1. That dream ("lion") sounds really great. A MOPS speaker I heard once quoted someone (don't remember who) saying, "Pray for a vision so big that it can only be God and can only be accomplished with me on my knees." This quote came to mind as I was reading your post. Keep praying and being on your knees and watch what blessing the Lord brings to you.

    ReplyDelete