It's not easy bringing up a princess-let alone THREE of them! Bekah (born Sept 2004), Maddy (born July 2006), and Isabelle (born Dec 2007), make for a lot of life lessons. Follow me as I teach them, learn from them, and watch them bloom! There are some things we're learning together, but other things, let's just say I'm a bit of a know it all, or so I wish!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Top 10 quirky things / bad habits

By following blogs that have links to other blogs that have links to other blogs, I accidentally found a fun little blog in which the author posted her top 10 quirks and bad habits. From there, I found one that was in French! Thankfully, Google Chrome offered to translate it for me and it was super fun! Hope you enjoy! If you end up posting a Top 10 list, post a link in the comments, I'd love to read it (you know, after I've embarrassed myself)!

1. I crack my knuckles, back, neck, toes (if you can pop it, I will try). My favorite is my thumb. I always want to crack my neck, but then I do and get an instant headache. You think that would teach me, but it doesn't (obviously). Worse yet, if I see someone else do it, I can hardly resist the urge to do it myself. My mom tried to get the doctor to tell me it's bad for me, but he just said it gives the liquid in the joints time to move around (or something weird like that I'd never heard of before or since).
2. I develop really fun hobbies and habits. My most recent ones involve Non-fiction (currently, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day), pop-up card making (Jamie, one's coming in the mail soon), blogging (creating and following), Oregon Trail on Facebook, homemade cleaning products (I should probably blog about my homemade cleaning supplies), dream journaling (I often dream of being a princess), and Fox News. The quirky part is most of my hobbies only last about a week or two...

3. I love reality television! Current obsessions include Biggest Loser, Survivor, Amazing Race, and the Next Great American Restaurant. I am always waiting for a new season of Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab and The Bachelor!
4. I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. I enjoy potty talk and fart jokes! Except when my girls don't know when enough is enough, or when I want the people around me to think I'm a better mother than that!
5. I like to psycho analyze strangers without even talking to them, be it a couple at a table across
the restaurant or a contestant on The Bachelor. Granted, I realize the inaccuracy of such diagnoses, but it's just a hobby). Jillian Michaels does it for me on the Biggest Loser, and Dr. Drew does it for me on Celebrity Rehab. I do not, however, make this a practice with people I hope to befriend (or already have), unless they seriously ask.

6. I love tan lines! I have some on my feet already which I am very proud of. At the same time, I am semi-fanatic about sunscreen. I do not want skin cancer.

7. The shower has the best acoustics for singing opera-ish.

8. I secretly love running, but I am terrible at it. Starting tomorrow, I am training for a 5k using my elliptical trainer. I know I can run 3 miles, but a year ago it took me nearly an hour to do so. This year, I am training for speed (as possible as that is or is not).
9. I LOVE playing with make-up and wearing dresses!
10. Caffeine apparently keeps me up waaaaaay too late! Thank you Dr. Pepper!

2 comments:

  1. What 5K are you going to run? I need a goal to get myself back on the treadmill. Usually I run the Rhody Run in Florence in May but can't this year because of little league, not to mention the fact that I couldn't run half a block much less 3 miles. I think one in September would be a good goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Sarah Slater does one on her birthday in July. It's not "official", but if you're interested, I can get you the info as it comes nearer. Couch 2 5k's training is an 8 week training. Seriously, you'll be ready in 6-8 weeks if you do their plan!!!! It worked for me last summer!

    ReplyDelete