It's not easy bringing up a princess-let alone THREE of them! Bekah (born Sept 2004), Maddy (born July 2006), and Isabelle (born Dec 2007), make for a lot of life lessons. Follow me as I teach them, learn from them, and watch them bloom! There are some things we're learning together, but other things, let's just say I'm a bit of a know it all, or so I wish!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Calorie Cutter :: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese!

A family favorite: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (my kids like it best with quesadillas, but I prefer to have the bread soak up some tomato yumminess!)

I track all of my calories on livestrong.com (it works a lot like weight watchers--so I hear, but it's free!).

Today, I made my tomato soup with water instead of milk (a practice I've been at for a while). That saves about 40 calories per serving (1 cup of prepared soup).

The grilled cheese is where I REALLY cut the calories. I lightly buttered ONE slice of bread (I like Milton's Multi-grain bread) and toasted in the pan. I added finely shredded cheese (it covers more area with less cheese, equaling less calories!

Altogether, my lunch was 310 calories! The usual way would have been 550 calories! Look at me go!

Anyone else care to share a calorie cutter?

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love tomato soup-sounds good. I often use half milk and half water in pancake or muffin recipes, I never notice a difference in taste.

    ReplyDelete