It's not easy bringing up a princess-let alone THREE of them! Bekah (born Sept 2004), Maddy (born July 2006), and Isabelle (born Dec 2007), make for a lot of life lessons. Follow me as I teach them, learn from them, and watch them bloom! There are some things we're learning together, but other things, let's just say I'm a bit of a know it all, or so I wish!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

With a blog entitled "Bringing Up the Princess," it seems wrong to not mention the Royal Wedding. I recorded the big event on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet. I have, however seen highlights on the news here and there. Watching it with my own little princesses is so much fun! Kate Middleton is living a true life fairy tale. She is beautiful, grounded, poised, charming, and educated. She has met her Prince William Charming, become the Duchess of Cambridge, and is in line to be the next Queen of England, Catherine of Wales. Tell me that doesn't bring out your inner princess, your little girl giddiness! Admit it, it's fun! I pray, Prince William and Catherine, have a happily ever after, a marriage of strength and honor to God.
Now, I'm not going to be naive and believe that Kate and William were pure virgins coming into the wedding day (although that would be cool if they were), but the idea of a royal wedding leads me to think ahead for my girls. After all, their Father is a King--they are royalty! I pray that God would not allow love to wake in their hearts until it is time. That they would find a prince that would honor their relationship with purity (from now until they marry). And that they would have all the things instilled in their marriage (trust, honor to God, respect, love, commitment) that would bring them a happily ever after. I've been reading them this book, a gift from their grandma and grandpa, and I hope they take it to heart.




1 comment:

  1. She was flawless. Perfect countenance, perfect smiling, always waving. How does she do it?
    In their particular situation, I would be inclined to believe they were virgins. They had too much to lose in their positions to have a "history".

    We should always endeavor to be training our children to honor their own purity of heart and body. A tall task. In my family, we have been training this way since infancy. No dating but instead genuine Courtship and always chaperoned are rules in our family. Strict? Yes and thank you for saying so. Knowing our own selves we have put our foot down on this issue.

    ReplyDelete