It's not easy bringing up a princess-let alone THREE of them! Bekah (born Sept 2004), Maddy (born July 2006), and Isabelle (born Dec 2007), make for a lot of life lessons. Follow me as I teach them, learn from them, and watch them bloom! There are some things we're learning together, but other things, let's just say I'm a bit of a know it all, or so I wish!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frugal and Homemade :: Dishwasher Detergent

I promised some posts about my homemade cleaning supplies. And I'm ready to deliver on one!
This is the easiest homemade thing I tried yet (besides diluted tea tree oil for sanitizer/cleaner)! And it worked marvelously!

1 tsp. Borax
1 tsp. Washing Soda
1 tsp. white vinegar

I mixed equal parts Borax and Washing Soda into a sealable container. Eyeballed a tablespoon-ish into the dishwasher and added a lid-full of vinegar (fun to watch the fizzle).

I was very pleased to find clean and sparkley dishes! A friend of mine read that if you add citric acid to the rinse aid compartment, it acts a rinse aid. I'm too lazy or cheap (or a combo of both) to go to that extra mile, but I don't honestly see the need for it!

Happy dish-washing blogging friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment